Monday, January 6, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: Day 1 (Includes Mad Libs Challenge)

Bout of Books

I posted my goals for this read-a-thon  a few days ago. They can be found here.

Today, I'm participating in the Mad Libs Challenge hosted by Cheap Thrills. I haven't done many Mad Libs in my life, so I'm not really sure what to expect. So, without further ado, here is my attempt at the Bookish Mad Libs Challenge:

My Word Choices:
Character Name - Finnikin of the Rock - Melina Marchetta
Adjective 1 - The Lost Saint - Bree Despain
Adjective 2 - The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater
Item - The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson
Occupation - The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
Act of Violence - Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
Adjective 3 - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
Noun 1 - Gameboard of the Gods - Richelle Mead
Noun 2 - Dark Star - Bethany Frenette

Here's the Story with My Additions:

I just read the greatest book!
This guy Finnikin ends up in the middle of a/an lost conspiracy. Turns out his/her ancestors were pirates, and he/she might be the key to finding the raven envelope. It’s a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of kings are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to hex for it.
I won’t say anything else. But believe me, if you like peculiar stories with gameboards(s) and stars(s), you have to read this one.

1 comment:

  1. Love the mad libs adventure! My artifact wound up being a White Graveyard... LOL

    Mine is at Creating Serenity

    ReplyDelete